McCarthy Tétrault & TD Bank: "The Fruit Machine" Film Panel
Time & Location
About the event
This event will explore the history of Canada’s systemic firing of LGBT civil servants, RCMP and military members, the impact of the LGBT Purge on Canadian citizens, and steps we can take to remember and honour this history. This event will feature:
- Élisabeth Brousseau, Partner, Litigation, McCarthy Tétrault LLP
- Michelle Douglas, human rights activist and Executive Director of the LGBT Purge Fund
- Douglas Elliott, Lead Counsel in the LGBT Purge class action
- Sarah Fodey, producer and writer and director of The Fruit Machine
- Nikki Gershbain, Chief Inclusion Officer, McCarthy Tétrault LLP
- Martine Roy, Regional Manager, LGBTQ2+ Business Development Quebec Eastern Canada- Toronto-Dominion Bank
Space is limited and registration is on a first come first serve basis.
We invite you to watch the documentaryprior to discussion.
McCarthy Tétrault is in the process of reviewing this program for CPD eligibility. If approval is granted for BC, Ontario or Québec jurisdictions an email will be sent to you after the event with more information.
For more information regarding this event, please email@example.com.