Thu, Apr 01|
Assemblée générale 2021 General Assembly
L'Assemblée générale est ouverte aux membres d'OUTLaw qui sont présentement inscrits à la faculté de droit! The General Assembly is open to all OUTLaw members currently enrolled at the law school.
Time & Location
Apr 01, 2021, 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. EDT
About the event
[L'AG se déroulera en anglais avec des sous-titres français]
All OUTLaw members currently enrolled at the Faculty of Law are encouraged to attend the 2021 General Assembly (GA) on April 1st from 11:30AM to 12:30PM. Faculty and staff members are invited to drop in from 12:30PM to 1:00PM to hear from the OUTLaw executive team and have informal discussions.
11:20-11:30 Arrival (enrollment status verficiation in waiting room)
11:30-11:35 Call to order and land acknowledgement
11:35-11:50 Exec updates and long-term goals
11:50-12:10 Motion for approval (presentation, questions, vote, discussions) *
12:10-12:20 Nomination period for Co-Presidential candidates **
12:20-12:30 Varia and ajournment
* Motion for OUTLaw to join the OUTLaw National Organization
- Moved by Steven Stechly, seconded by Rachel Sombach
- Whereas the a national partnership or alliance is formed (temporarily termed "OUTLaw National Organization") between 2SLGBTQ+ associations at Canadian law schools,
- Whereas the membership fees do not impede OUTLaw's ability to support law students at the University of Ottawa,
- Be it resolved that uOttawa OUTLaw 2SLGBTQ+ Law Students Association will subscribe as a member to the OUTLaw National Organization
** Students interested in running to be an OUTLaw Co-President for the 2021-2022 academic year must either attend the GA to state your official candidacy, or send a person on your behalf to nominate you and your co-candidate if neither of you can attend. The campaign and voting periods will be announced at a later date.
If you have questions about the General Assembly or presidential nomination, please feel free to contact Rachel Sombach at email@example.com.